Tuesday, November 13, 2007

National rep. tasks and future projects?

Dear friends,

I have been preoccupied with my old project POOLS which ended its funded period on October 1st – after which we have had to compile a final report with several copies of all outcomes. A rather time consuming affaire.

I can now look back at all the tasks that have been neglected in the past months. Fortunately my conscience is very good because my memory is bad - In relation to Eurocall I simply cannot remember what I actually “promised” to deliver, it was something about a national report, but in which context? And (a dreaded word) deadline?

I am heading for a one weeks vacation on Saturday so with some luck I’ll not learn about my tasks until after that;-)

The POOLS project is over (at least the money is gone) but the partnership is now growing and becoming a network of grass root practitioners (that is my hope). I am now thinking of future EU funding possibilities for setting up a network in partnership with Eurocall, i.e. Eurocall could make some money from assisting the network. POOLS will never be a competitor to Eurocall as the aim is language teaching in general with a focus on methodology, and POOLS could become a Eurocall asset as a feeding network to Eurocall. Comments appreciated!-)

You can read about POOLS here: http://www.languages.dk/
You can read about POOLS members here: http://www.languages.dk/membership/index.html
And finally you can join the network here: http://www.languages.dk/membership/enroll/index.html

Best regards
Kent Andersen

1 comment:

Margaret Gammell said...

Dear Kent, Dear All,

A belated reply to Kent due to the fact that I have been out of action coming up to Christmas because of a family member's illness and subsequent passing.

I expect by now you will all have received the minutes of our meeting and recall decisions taken and promises made.

The most urgent would be reports from Kent and Inge Ana on the situation of CALL in their respective regions and a short profile of their activities as natrep to be sent to Ana for the EUROCALL Review (next issue March)

I also seem to recall that we agreed that we would follow on with this item alphabetically, so perhaps colleagues in Belgium, France and Finland would be kind enough to have something prepared for the next time :)

On another matter, while we had many expressions of interest in hosting the annual conference for 2009/2010, none of these have resulted in a bid to date. We have pushed out the submission date as a result. Could I ask natreps to please network in order to secure a bid to host, especially for 2009, as time is getting short? You might even find that your own institution would be the perfect venue??? No pressure then. Both Angela and I will be happy to assist with financial/practical aspects of submitting a bid, so do not hesitate to contact us.

Meanwhile, I send my very best wishes to you all.

Regards,

Margaret